01 Aug QUALITY SLEEP
SLEEPING 8 HOURS A DAY – A WASTE OF TIME?
As a general rule, we tend to understate the importance of rest. However, the time we spend sleeping is a factor of paramount importance for our health and well-being. Nowadays, due to stress and our daily routine, sleeping less than our body needs has become one of the most common habits amongst the world’s population. Keeping in mind that all extremes are bad, it is worth noting that both sleeping too much or too little is harmful for our health. The ideal amount is somewhere in between, depending on the needs of each person. Our place of rest is key in order to improve our quality of life, because it is while we sleep that our body recovers from the strains of daily life.
At Karibian Descanso we care about our customers and are ready to offer them some guidelines for achieving good, healthy and quality rest. There are several types of mattresses: firmer, intermediate, soft, with cold fabrics, different types of pillows, etc. Whatever your personal preferences or needs are, we will adapt to them. Karibian Descanso are experts in the sleep industry and have a wide range of top-quality products, thought up and designed for the most discerning customer.
TIPS TO BETTER SLEEP
- Have a regular routine. Ideally, your sleeping routine should be similar every day of the year. In this way, your body and mind will get used to automatically sticking to the rhythm of this routine. In addition, by planning your routine, you can guarantee your hours of sleep.
- Avoid long naps. It may seem obvious, but it is very important to point out that we should avoid long naps. Naps can be very beneficial for our body, but we should avoid them after midday and especially in the evening.
- Have a light, early dinner. Ideally, we should have dinner at least two hours before going to bed and avoid foods that are hard to digest, otherwise our energy will concentrate on digesting this food and will not be able to focus on sleep. On the flipside, it is not advisable to go to bed feeling hungry. Please visit the following Post in order to find out which foods improve rest.
- Have a warm shower. This simple piece of advice will help us to relax our body and prepare it for sleep. Warm water has an important dilating and relaxing effect.
- Never take work to bed. Work and stress are common issues in the working population. If you go to bed thinking about work, the idea of the bedroom as a place for rest will be broken. Furthermore, it is not advisable to do mental activities before bed.
- Have a hot drink. A cup of milk with honey or some hot tea can help us fall asleep more easily. The warmth of the drink will provide a pleasant feeling.
- Read a book before sleeping. Reading helps us escape the real world and is linked to imagination, so we can disconnect from reality and our problems. Reading is always advisable, unless it is work-related or requires a considerable mental effort. Our mind will relax and we will go to bed feeling calmer.
- Do low-intensity exercise.Avoid doing high-intensity physical activities as the day comes to an end so that your body does not secrete adrenaline.
Leave technology aside. Disconnecting everything in a world where we are surrounded by smart devices is difficult. So, if you cannot do this, you can go for flight mode or put your devices on silent. It is not advisable to use your mobile phone just before going to bed, as the brightness of the screen attracts our attention and interrupts the restful environment, delaying and reducing the feeling of sleepiness. We should not sleep with our mobile near our bed or our head.
- Create a comfortable environment. Your place of rest should be a space with optimal environmental conditions. These conditions include a good mattress, a comfortable and adequate pillow, good ventilation and an optimal temperature. To sum up, a comfortable space in every sense. In the following post you will find some advice on how to take care of your mattress.
Dream of dreaming
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so if we live to reach 90, we will have slept for around 30 years. This indicator reminds us of the importance of rest in our day-to-day lives, which at the end of the day translates into good health. Therefore, good rest is as essential and positive as eating properly or exercising regularly.
Sleep is an activity which is pleasurable in itself, but it is also the time when your body recharges its batteries, providing it with energy for the whole day. That is why investing in rest is an investment in quality. The quality and the condition of your mattress will notably affect the quality of your rest. If you put all the above factors into action, you will gradually start to notice the results. The key is a comfortable space, around 8 hours of sleep a night and a good mattress.